IEI’s mission is to provide the highest quality and most cost-effective environmental services, health and safety consulting, industrial hygiene, and facilities management expertise to our clients while creating a rewarding, responsive work environment for our employees.
IEI is committed to setting and achieving environmental objectives and our client’s stated objectives for environmental stewardship and sustainability.
Our efforts include:
- Achieving at least a 2% reduction in energy costs year over year in managed buildings by tracking energy consumption and implementing energy saving innovations;
- Preference for components and fixtures with Energy Star and Water Sense ratings;
- Working knowledge of applicable regulations from the Federal to local levels, including NEPA, CERCLA, Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, and RCRA;
- Informing our clients of cost savings that can be achieved by replacing inefficient boilers with high efficiency options such as condensing boilers, installing boiler-control improvements, installing new heating systems and-hot water systems, and installing boiler-optimization units that control the way boilers burn gas, making them up to 20% more energy efficient;
- Fitting low-energy bulbs across all our facilities, drastically reducing energy consumption; and
- Running a continuous energy-efficiency campaign to inform and update all clients and share areas of best practice among all staff.